Topic Covered in this Textbook:
• Tracing Changes Through a Thousand Years
• New Kings and Kingdoms
• The Delhi Sultans
• The Mughal Empire
• Rulers and Buildings
• Towns, Traders and Craftspersons
• Tribes, Nomads and Settled Communities
• Devotional Paths to the Divine
• The Making of Regional Cultures
• Eighteenth-Century Political Formations
Salient Features of the Textbook:
• It contains an interactive flow of words that will keep the students hooked on to the chapters.
• The chapters have been divided into subsections so that it can cover multiple aspects of any era of history.
• Exercises and ‘Do It Yourself’ content at the end of each chapter make sure that the students can evaluate their own pace of learning.
• It presents a clear idea about the colonial period in India in a storytelling manner which gets absorbed by the young minds very easily.